All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum
All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Pistols Section
 General Tanfoglio/Witness Discussion
 Witness trigger job
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dondavis3
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  5:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit dondavis3's Homepage Send dondavis3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I want a trigger job on my new witness 9mm.

Any one have suggestions of where they had theirs done?

Thanks

EAA Witness 9mm "Wonder Finish"

Detroiter

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2010 :  10:46:05 PM  Show Profile Send Detroiter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Breaking it in will help some. If you wanted to attempt doing this on your own here is a good link

You must be logged in to see this link.

Although I wouldn't mess with the sear at all, I don't recommend it either.

On hennings website he has a pretty detailed video on how to totally dissamble a Witness. If you got the trigger bar out polishing the sides should help alot.

On my Witness I simply polished the top of the plunger without dissambling anything. A real quick touch with a fine dremel tip, made a big difference. It was causing hang ups in there. I always put a drop of oil on the sides of the trigger bar also. Seems to keep me happy.
Go to Top of Page

dondavis3
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  3:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit dondavis3's Homepage Send dondavis3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't want to Attempt it myself.

Thanks for your post.

Anyone know of a place to get it done?

Go to Top of Page

PilotSam
Starting Member

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  10:55:20 PM  Show Profile Send PilotSam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like some trigger work done on my Witness as well.

The website you linked to Detroiter was interesting, but I'm not handy with those type of tools or interested in learning how to use them to fix the trigger myself.

Dondavis3, I would think a certified (and hopefully) qualified gunsmith could do the work. I wouldn't think that a Witness is very different from other guns and a good gunsmith with quality parts could vastly improve the trigger action and pull.
Go to Top of Page

dondavis3
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  7:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit dondavis3's Homepage Send dondavis3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another website gave me this suggestion.

You must be logged in to see this link.

He works on CZ's so he might work on EAA's.

I'll call to find out.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2