All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum
All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Just General Discussion Forum
 The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
 Indiana: Senate Approves Fourth Pro-Gun Bill of 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

tz75man
Forum Admin

USA
410 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  7:33:13 PM  Show Profile Send tz75man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indiana: Senate Approves Fourth Pro-Gun Bill of 2011!

Yesterday in the General Assembly, the state Senate gave final approval to Senate Bill 506 by a 43 to 7 vote, making it the fourth NRA-backed bill to pass to the state House.

Senate Bill 506, introduced by state Senator Jim Tomes (R-49), would make important reforms to the current, onerous “transport permit” requirement on lawful Hoosier gun owners and travelers in Indiana . It is currently illegal to transport a handgun in your vehicle for any reason unless you are driving from the point of purchase to your home or fixed place of business, or from your home or fixed place of business to a gunsmith for repair, unless you have some form of state-issued permit.

Earlier this week, the Indiana Senate approved Senate Bill 292, introduced by state Senator Jim Tomes (R-49), this preemption reform bill would mandate a strong and meaningful statewide standard for firearm laws in Indiana . The law would also protect travelers throughout the state from running afoul of a patchwork of different gun laws when they cross municipal boundaries.

Last week, the Senate passed SB 94 and SB 411. All four of these NRA-backed firearm
bills now await action in the Indiana House of Representatives.

Senate Bill 94, authored by state Senator Travis Holdman (R-19), would allow citizens of Indiana to purchase a long gun in any state, and allow a citizen of any other state purchase a long gun in Indiana , so long as both states allow said purchase.

State Senator Johnny Nugent’s (R-43) Senate Bill 411, would clarify and strengthen last year’s Parking Lot firearm protections bill by putting an end to abusive corporate firearm policies that currently place onerous restrictions on Hoosier employees who lawfully store firearms in their personal vehicles.

Thank you for making your voices heard in the Indiana General Assembly. Your elected officials respond positively when they hear from you! NRA will keep you up-to-date on these bills as they continue moving through the Indiana House of Representatives.

I live by the rule that it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission when buying my toys!
My right to bear arms protects your right to ban my right
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2