All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum
All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Pistols Section
 EAA Witness Club
 New Slide?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rod Slinger

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  10:55:14 AM  Show Profile Send Rod Slinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been hearing that Tanfoglio is changing the Witness slide again. I may have in my possession the new slide. I ordered from EAA a compact 40S&W slide for my compact polymer Witness. There was a delay awaiting a new shipment. What I received from EAA yesterday for exceeded my expectations. The slide is back to the square format. I ordered a Wonderfinish what came is a gray similar to the special run Ruger SP101. I very much like this finish. The slide has a dove tailed front sight, it came with a fiber optic sight and a target black serrated sight. The barrel could well be called match grade due to its fit and finish and the fact it has a 11 degree crown like many high end target guns. The overall fit and finish is the best I have seen from Tanfoglio. Pictures to follow. R S

Like to never got this off of the new and improved photobucket.

The barrel has the lead into the chamber radius, a nice touch. The front sight has a set screw that holds it in place. You might think it would be easy to change out and you would be wrong. If you don't have a B&J tool take it to a good smith. It is almost Springfield XD tight. Overall just excellent work. R S

Remembering Col. Jeff Cooper

Edited by - Rod Slinger on 02/11/2013 11:12:46 PM

sirloot
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  6:51:54 PM  Show Profile Send sirloot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
peeektures we want peektures !

congrats on the addition ..
Go to Top of Page

MoMan

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  9:07:20 PM  Show Profile Send MoMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rod, congrats on the new "square top"!

MO

CCW: NY/FL/UT
Go to Top of Page

Idahokid

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  08:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Idahokid a Yahoo! Message Send Idahokid a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sweet.pics please.
Go to Top of Page

AVanGorder

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2013 :  12:12:59 AM  Show Profile Send AVanGorder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ditto on the pics...

Adrian
Go to Top of Page

pyroTECH
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  05:18:21 AM  Show Profile Send pyroTECH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may have to "accidentally" crack my slide on my .40 cal so i can send it in and get that one.... Im super jealous, I have had mine for only about 4-6 months and now I wish I waited until they changed back to the square slides.....Just the luxury of changing the front sight is worth it in itself.

CZ-82
.40 S&W Witness Compact Wonder Finish
Go to Top of Page

Rod Slinger

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  05:58:51 AM  Show Profile Send Rod Slinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pyroTECH...Welcome to our forum. It is good to have new members. I don't know if all slides coming in will be like this one. With Tanfoglio it is hard to say. I am quite happy to have this one!! R S

Go to Top of Page

billymarr
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  09:54:10 AM  Show Profile Send billymarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine did I posted pics in Dec
Go to Top of Page

Marco86

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  5:19:25 PM  Show Profile Send Marco86 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude...are you kidding me? The first thing I saw was the front fiber optic sight I fell off my chair O_O. ME WANTS ONE NOW. I might just buy an extra slide for my 9mm especially if it's anything like this one. Awesome.

"God gave us one mouth and two ears, so listen more and talk less" Father's wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

Rod Slinger

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  7:40:37 PM  Show Profile Send Rod Slinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marco86....So you like fiber optic sights? You may be interested in some of the work I did on older Witness.. check link at bottom. R S

You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - Rod Slinger on 02/13/2013 7:45:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marco86

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  6:35:47 PM  Show Profile Send Marco86 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's your take on the round top profile slides they 'used' to have. I bought my gun in january and it came with that slide. Also, thoughts on converting my 9mm full size P into 45 cal? Your sight work is ridiculous, this forum is like heaven. Tanfoglio all day cant go wrong.

"God gave us one mouth and two ears, so listen more and talk less" Father's wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

Rod Slinger

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  7:31:14 PM  Show Profile Send Rod Slinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marco86...I like the old squire slide the best. You should not have any trouble in converting your gun as long as it is a full size frame. If you decide to go this route be sure to give EAA the SN of your gun when ordering. R S

Go to Top of Page

Marco86

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2013 :  6:28:34 PM  Show Profile Send Marco86 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rod how would I got about removing the fixed front sight on my pistol? It has that roundish/ (Squire?) look to it. It is blued.

Go to Top of Page

Rod Slinger

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  10:19:01 PM  Show Profile Send Rod Slinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marco86...If you are asking who you would remove the front sight on a Witness slide where the sight is cast as part of the slide. I do not know. I use a carbide cutter that cuts a Sig dove tail. The expense of a custom cutter is high for one or two slides. If a number of members would approach a gunsmith with a volume of slides you might find one willing to due this work. Not much help but best I can do. R S

Go to Top of Page

Endall
Starting Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  11:19:49 AM  Show Profile Send Endall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How long did you wait for a slide? I ordered one about a month ago.

George
Go to Top of Page

Rod Slinger

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  7:02:16 PM  Show Profile Send Rod Slinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Endall...Months. EAA has always been quick to respond, I think the gun feeding frenzy has overtaken them as it has with many other gun related companys I do business with. R S

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2