All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum
All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Pistols Section
 General Tanfoglio/Witness Discussion
 Hooray for EAA !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chcouch
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2013 :  07:07:31 AM  Show Profile Send chcouch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Recently on this forum I stated that my .45 acp Witness was shooting
low.Rolling Stone gave a great suggestion to email EAA and tell them in a nice,courteous way what the problem was and if they could help.I followed his suggestion and emailed EAA and shortly thereafter
received an email from them asking of a picture of my slide which I promply sent them.Next email from them stated that they would send me an adjustable rear sight.On 6/22,I received the LPA adjustable rear sight as promised-at no charge no less ! Thanks go to EAA for their splendid service and to Rolling Stone for his great suggestion ! Thanks also to this forum for enabling me resolve my problem--everyone has been great !! Charles

Idahokid

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2013 :  10:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Idahokid a Yahoo! Message Send Idahokid a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have got awesome service from EAA.They are always polite and helpful.

Poly Witness 9mm full size.
Poly witness .40 full size.
Steel witness .40 wonder finish full size.
Steel witness 9mm full size.
Go to Top of Page

Rolling Stone
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  11:56:14 PM  Show Profile Send Rolling Stone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are welcome.

I looked everywhere trying to find a way to fix mine. If you want to hear something funny, I was waiting for the parts person to come back off vacation and one day I got a phone call about an EAA sight. I talked a while and it was kind of strange and then they priced the sight we were talking about. I like to have swallowed my tongue as I was just tapped out right then. I told them I would have to think about that, I thought the sight was to be gratis (they disagreed) and I hung up. I got an email that afternoon telling me my sight was on the way. I finally figured out what was happening.

About a month before while I was hunting the sight I needed (before I sent the form to EAA), I had emailed the guy who is supposed to be the witness guru gunsmith (questions@henningshop.com) and only a month later, I was contacted by his shop. I sure am glad I was broke that day. It seemed funny that I heard from both people the same day!

I'm glad it worked out for you. Nice does work occasionally.
Rolling Stone
Go to Top of Page

darink300zx

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2013 :  06:28:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit darink300zx's Homepage Send darink300zx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't had the same luck with contacting them about my 45. I sent them a nice and polite email explaining that my 45 was shooting very low, consistently. The first email I got from them was that she suggested I purchase one of their adjustable rear sights for 89 dollars. I informed her that I wasn't looking to spend any money because this is a brand new gun and shoot point of aim, or at least much closer than it does. She then told me I could send it in for them to test fire at 15 yards to diagnose the problem, and of course I would pay the shipping. I told her nevermind. I'm not going through the trouble of shipping it to them for them to just put on an adjustable sight when I can do that myself. If it were a cracked slide or the gun wasn't functioning at all or something I'd send it in, but not for this.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, I honestly have never dealt with any gun manufacturer's customer service before because this is the first gun that I've bought new and under warranty that I've had any issues with, but I just think it's ridiculous that I'd have to pay to send it to them so that they can get it working the way it should have when I bought it.

I'll probably go ahead and get an adjustable sight and put on it, but I won't be purchasing it from EAA.

Darin.
Go to Top of Page

Rod Slinger

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2013 :  11:24:07 AM  Show Profile Send Rod Slinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
darink300zx.....I understand your frustration with EAA and I would be less that truthful if I said that I have not had some problems with them over the life of there company. Yes I have been working with them sense they first open their doors. I have a understanding of their problems and why they have the policies they have.

EAA is a small importer and not a large manufacture as Ruger, Colt, & S&W. They run a lean organization and they due watch there cost very closely. I have had conversations with Paul about some of their problems. (By the way to get Paul to slow down and have a conversation is no small feat.) There have been more that a few people that have blown up Witness with careless reloads or destroyed them by heavy handed gunsmithing and then sent them to EAA for warranty and lied to Paul about what happened. If you want to get on Paul's bad side this will do it. I suspect this has a lot to do with the shipping policy.

Last we all benefit from Tanfoglio and EAA's policies in that we can buy a very good handgun for a exceptional low price.

If I was managing EAA a Witness would cost $699.95 and everyone would be raving about how good the customer service is. I suspect that sales volume would go up because we are program to equate quality to cost and a low price firearm must be junk.

darink this does nothing to help with your problem but if was in the mood to share. Good luck in getting your gun fixed. R S

Remembering Col. Jeff Cooper
Go to Top of Page

darink300zx

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2013 :  9:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit darink300zx's Homepage Send darink300zx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I fully understand Rod, I do, I understand their business model and yeah I agree the guns would be priced much higher if they didn't have their policies. I guess what bothered me was when I first asked about the problem their solution was me to buy a new rear sight, but when I basically said I shouldn't have to pay money to get a gun I purchased to shoot right then I was told to send it in. I just didn't care for her tactics.

It won't stop me from buying another witness necessarily, but only if I can get it at a rock-bottom price.

Darin.
Go to Top of Page

Rolling Stone
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2013 :  11:55:51 PM  Show Profile Send Rolling Stone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The lady on the telephone is very nice and knowledgeable and probably who answers emails - BUT if you will read how we did this, go the EAA website You must be logged in to see this link. fill out the form completely. This goes to a different place (service dept?) than a phone call. I don't know about regular emails. Be nice, be patient and you will be rewarded. It's just me but I wouldn't mention having talked to the lady. Try this and see what happens. You can't get much worse results than what you seem to have now, can you?
Rolling Stone

Edited by - Rolling Stone on 06/29/2013 12:01:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

darink300zx

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2013 :  08:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit darink300zx's Homepage Send darink300zx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rolling Stone

The lady on the telephone is very nice and knowledgeable and probably who answers emails - BUT if you will read how we did this, go the EAA website You must be logged in to see this link. fill out the form completely. This goes to a different place (service dept?) than a phone call. I don't know about regular emails. Be nice, be patient and you will be rewarded. It's just me but I wouldn't mention having talked to the lady. Try this and see what happens. You can't get much worse results than what you seem to have now, can you?
Rolling Stone

Thanks for the advice Rolling Stone, but that is how I started the process. I looked all over the website for just a regular email address but ended up filling out that form. Dawn, who I've dealt with in the past in regards to determining magazines for my guns (and she was fine in that regard by the way), was the one who answered all of my emails. I was very nice and polite in my emails even when I was disagreeable to her solutions. One thing I've learned in 42 years of life (19 of it dealing with criminals) is how to talk to people. I know that the written word doesn't show inflection and tone the way verbal does, so I guess it's all in how the reader takes it, perhaps I should have started with leaving a message first, but honestly when I call customer service with an issue I don't want to leave a message for them to call me back at their leisure. When I make the call is when I have time to talk, I may not be available when they call back.

Darin.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
All Tanfoglio And Witness Pistols Forum © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2